I saw this recipe for Lemon Blueberry Muffins on Georgia’s The Comfort of Cooking blog, this Saturday morning and thought these would be the perfect thing to start off my weekend.
The recipe makes 8 muffins but since I put them in a six cup muffin pan, I just made 6 very large ones instead of eight. I did have a little leftover crumb topping because of it. I just left in the oven for a little longer (until a cake tester came out clean) since they were larger than the recipe called for. I also added some grated lemon zest to the batter to give it that extra lemon flavor. Initially, I was a little leery of the very sticky batter, but don’t worry, they came out beautifully.
I must say, the amount of lemon in these muffins was perfect! The muffins had a hint of lemon which only made the blueberries POP! Wow, I don’t think I’ve enjoyed the taste of blueberries in anything as I did these!
These are super easy to make, and super delicious. You will not be disappointed! Thank you Georgia, for such a wonderful recipe!Print
A super easy muffins with the delicious flavors of blueberry and lemon. Topped with a cinnamony, crunchy topping.
- 1–1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- Grated lemon rind of 1 lemon
- 1/3 c. vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 c. milk
- Juice from half a lemon (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 c. fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/3 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c. butter, room temp
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease 8 muffin cups or line with muffin liners and set aside.
- Grate the rind from 1 lemon. Combine flour, sugar, salt, lemon rind and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- In another bowl, combine vegetable oil, egg and milk, and mix with a fork. Add lemon juice. Pour into the flour mixture and mix well. Fold in blueberries. Mixture will be quite sticky, so use caution not to mash the berries when folding in. Fill muffin cups to the top.
- To make crumb topping, mix together sugar, flour, butter and cinnamon. Mix with fork and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
These Lemon Blueberry Muffins were featured in Foodbuzz Top 9 recipes!