These are probably my most favorite cookie, EVER! They literally melt in your mouth, remind me of a shortbread cookie (which my mother makes every Christmas) and are to me, the quintessential Christmas. Some people call these Russian Tea Cakes, Snowballs and Melting Moments, to name a few. What ever you want to call them, they are truly delicious!
|Mexican Wedding Cakes||
- 1/2 lb butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- 2 c. flour
- 1 c. chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cream together butter and vanilla.
- Blend in sugar, flour and nuts.
- Flour hands and shape 1 tsp at a time in to balls.
- Place 1″ apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Roll in to confectioners sugar when fully cooled.
Note: In warmer weather wait to the last minutes to roll in to the confectioners sugar. They get gooey fast in warm, humid weather.