I saw this post from Georgia at The Comfort of Cooking the other day, and knew they were on my “short list” of things to bake, SOON!
Shortbread is one of my weaknesses, especially when put your nose in to a freshly baked container of them, and all you small is rich butter! Yum. There’s nothing like it at holiday time, or anytime.
I did all I could do to stop from eating the whole batch, but luckily I was able to stop myself before things got out of control! I’m trying to eat low carb and healthy, and unfortunately, these are not on that list. But if your going to waiver, a couple of these delicious cookies isn’t the worse thing in the world. And it is, after all, holiday time. So I guess I can expect a little wavering now and then!
These cookies have confectioners sugar in them, so they don’t really taste overly sugary. They are super tender and buttery and have only three ingredients in them. Perfect when you want a little “me time”.
I even took a couple to go with me with a cup of coffee the other day.
My Pre-cut Half Sheet Pan Parchment Baking Sheets worked perfectly on the sheet pans, and made cleanup a breeze! Visit shopafoodieaffair.com for them, and loads of baking supplies and ingredients for your holiday cooking!
These cookies are super, super easy to make and bake, and are the perfect shortbread cookie!Print
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare two large baking sheets lined with parchment paper or a Silpat.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add flour and continue to mix until mixture forms a soft dough (it will be crumbly at first, but keep mixing and it will form a dough). Form dough into a cohesive ball with your hands.
- Roll dough 1/4-inch thick on a surface dusted with flour or powdered sugar* with a well-dusted rolling pin. Cut into rounds and place on prepared baking sheets. Repeat as necessary.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until cookies are pale golden brown. Let cool on baking sheets.
Make sure to roll the dough out with confectioners sugar!
- Category: Cookie