I just halved a half a boneless chicken breast, and threaded the marinated chicken on a skewer. Cook for at most 5 minutes per side on the grille, and they were cooked perfectly. I was very paranoid I would over cook, but also didn’t want to under cook, so it was just luck they came out perfectly. I marinated the pineapple spears along with the chicken and grille separately on the grille. The chicken breasts were on the smaller side so when I halved them they were the perfect size to cook quickly. These skewers are perfect served with my Rice Pilaf recipe.
This marinade is definitely a keeper and very easy to make.
|Chicken Pineapple Kabobs||
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp dried crushed red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 chicken breasts, boned and skinned (cut into strips)
- 1 small cored fresh pineapple, cut in to wedges
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a shallow dish or ziploc bag; add chicken. Cover or seal; chill 2 hours; turning chicken occasionally. Add pineapple the last 30 minutes of marinating.
- Remove chicken and pineapple from marinade; discard marinade. Thread chicken on skewers.
- Grill chicken over medium heat about 5-10 minutes a side. Use instant read meat thermometer if unsure.
- Grilll pineapple for about 5 minutes a side, or until lightly browned in places.
- Serve over rice.
If in doubt at all that the chicken is done, use an instant read thermometer to test doneness. The safe temperature for poultry is 165 degrees F.