This quick and easy chicken is juicy and has a perfectly balanced marinade flavor. The pineapple is succulent and juicy and delicious.
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp dried crushed red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 chicken breasts, boned and skinned (cut into strips)
- 1 small cored fresh pineapple, cut in to wedges
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a shallow dish or ziploc bag; add chicken. Cover or seal; chill 2 hours; turning chicken occasionally. Add pineapple the last 30 minutes of marinating.
- Remove chicken and pineapple from marinade; discard marinade. Thread chicken on skewers.
- Grill chicken over medium heat about 5-10 minutes a side. Use instant read meat thermometer if unsure.
- Grilll pineapple for about 5 minutes a side, or until lightly browned in places.
- Serve over rice.
If in doubt at all that the chicken is done, use an instant read thermometer to test doneness. The safe temperature for poultry is 165 degrees F.