These are a slightly different version of the muffins I am quickly being obsessed with lately. I decided to use the same basic recipe as the Lemon Blueberry Muffins I found on Georgia’s The Comfort of Cooking blog, and make banana muffins instead. I basically replaced the lemon and blueberry for banana and walnuts. The mixture was a little thinner than the Blueberry, but they still came out great. I made them for a neighbor, but had to try one before I sent them over. They were really great, and something you’ll want to make over and over.
This exceptionally moist and tasty muffin is packed with banana flavor and delicious walnuts.
- 1–1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 c. walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 c. vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 c. milk
- 2 bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease 8 muffin cups or line with muffin liners and set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in a medium bowl. Add walnuts, and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine vegetable oil, egg and milk, and mix with a fork or whisk. Add mashed banana. Pour into the flour mixture and mix well.
- Fill muffin cups to the top.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.