I’ve been making these Snickerdoodles forever. I remember making these one winter’s day when a neighbor and I took our kids sledding at a nearby hill. I made a thermos of home made soup, and we had Snickerdoodles for dessert. Everything tasted so good especially when your out in the cold. Somehow your appreciation of the taste of food takes on a new meaning in 20 degree weather!
These are basically a sugar cookie that rolled in cinnamon sugar. They are super tasty for any occasion!
- 2-3/4 c. flour
- 2 tsp cream of tarter
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 c. butter
- 1-1/2 c. sugar
- 2 large eggs
- Cinnamon-Sugar for rolling:
- ¼ c. sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- Combine flour, cream of tarter, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, beat well. Add flour mixture in 4 parts, until fully blended.
- Wrap dough and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roll dough in to balls the size of a walnut or larger using a small or medium ice cream scoop to measure. Roll in to cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Place 2" apart on cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes, or until lightly browned, but still soft. Use top rack of oven. Watch carefully; cookies burn easily.