A chewy sugar cookie rolled in cinnamon sugar.
- 2–3/4 c. flour
- 2 tsp cream of tarter
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 c. butter
- 1–1/2 c. sugar
- 2 large eggs
- Cinnamon-Sugar for rolling:
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- Combine flour, cream of tarter, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, beat well. Add flour mixture in 4 parts, until fully blended.
- Wrap dough and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roll dough in to balls the size of a walnut or larger using a small or medium ice cream scoop to measure. Roll in to cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Place 2″ apart on cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes, or until lightly browned, but still soft. Use top rack of oven. Watch carefully; cookies burn easily.