I was thinking the other day, how much I loved Shrimp Cocktail, and how great it would be to have it in a salad. After a little searching, I came to the conclusion I would use a lemon vinaigrette for the salad dressing, and pre-marinate the shrimp in the cocktail sauce. You can use any cocktail sauce you choose (I made mine as I always do from scratch, which is super easy).
Put anything you like in the salad and viola!, you’ve got a super summer salad!
- 12 medium cooked shrimp
- Shrimp cocktail sauce
- grape cherry tomatoes, whole
- pickling cucumbers, sliced
- Lemon Vinaigrette dressing
- chopped fresh dill, for garnish
- Marinate cooked shrimp in some of the cocktail sauce, and put in fridge for 15 minutes or so.
- Make salad and toss with vinaigrette. Plate on a salad plate, and mound shrimp in the middle of the salad.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh dill.