These cookies are perfect for Halloween parties this time of year. And when I say “overlaod”, I mean they are overloaded with chocolate chips! Milk chocolate, semi sweet chocolate, bittersweet chocolate, white chocolate…it’s all in there. And I’m not done yet….there’s also Heath Bar crunch and pecans.
As overloaded as these cookies seem, they don’t taste extremely overloaded with chocolate. They are extremely sweet as Chocolate Chip cookies would be, and for me they were really sweet, as I haven’t been eating much sugar lately. It’s amazing when you don’t have something for a while, how intensified the taste is when you do!
These cookies keep well in a airtight container. And, you can even freeze the cookies! Just scoop onto a cookie sheet lined with non stick aluminum foil, freeze on the cookie sheets, and then once frozen, remove and fill a zip top plastic bag to store in the freezer. That way, you can take out only what you want to bake!
None the less, it’s a sure bet that every kid would love these delicious cookies at their Halloween party!
Happy Halloween everyone!
- ½ cup shortening
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- ¾ cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2-3 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 6-1/2 dozen.