When life gives you lemons, make Chicken Quesadillas!
When your hard a bad day, there’s nothing like a Chicken Quesadilla! And no one makes them like you do, right? Huge chunks of chicken, sauteed strips of green bell pepper & sliced onions, and gooey Monterey jack cheese melted everywhere. Yum, yum! The perfect ending to a yucky day!
- 1 whole boneless, skinless chicken breast, halved
- 1 large green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 very large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c. (more or less) Mexican shredded cheese
- 2 -4 10 inch tortillas
- Saute sliced peppers and onions in a 12″ skillet with a little oil on medium high until cooked and slightly browned.
- In a separate pan, put a little oil in pan and saute chicken breasts on medium until browned and cooked all the way through. Slice into thin slices on the diagonal.
- Clean out the same pan that cooked the pepper mixture with a paper towel. Spray with cooking spray. Take one tortilla and lay flat in pan. Fill one half with pepper mixture, sliced chicken and cheese. Fold the empty side of tortilla over the filled side. Cook on medium until lightly browned; flip and cook on the other side. Remove to a cutting board and cut into wedges with a large knife.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas and ingredients. Serve with salsa and sour cream.