Ever since I saw this great Chicken Caprese recipe on Pinterest from Jessica at The Novice Chef Blog , I knew I had to try it! It was extremely easy and very good.
I started with some Bell & Evans boneless, skinless chicken breasts, browned in a little oil on both sides, put in the oven on low to stay warm, and made the sauce.
It was delicious. And perfect for a weeknight dinner.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 10 large basil leaves, finely chopped
- 8 oz fresh buffalo mozzarella, sliced in 1/2 inch thick slices
- balsamic vinegar, to taste
- Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken breasts and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add chicken, cover pan, and cook for about 10 minutes. Flip chicken breasts and continue cooking until the chicken is cooked throughly (or has reached an internal temp of 165°F).
- While chicken is cooking, in a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat, warm remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add garlic and cook for about 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add tomatoes and continue sautéing until tomatoes skin starts to soften/wrinkle, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in basil. Set aside.
- Once chicken has reached desired doneness, top the tops of each chicken breast with 2 slices of mozzarella. Pour tomato mixture on top. Cover pan with lid once more and let the mozzarella melt, about 1-2 minutes.
- Lastly, drizzle with a splash of balsamic vinegar and serve immediately.