I am constantly trying to come up with healthy dinners and keep coming back to my ole stand by, Pork Stir Fry. It’s just a concoction of fresh vegetables, protein, brown rice and a tasty sauce.
The tasty sauce is a very important ingredient, as stir fry tastes like nothing without it. And for me, It has to be tasty, or why eat it?
If you’re trying to eat more brown rice, and hate eating it alone, this recipe is perfect.
It is amazing the different ways you can make this dish. It’s primarily vegetables of your choice, a healthy protein, some brown rice, and sauce. I do admit I sometimes use the precooked brown rice. If I don’t have time to make ahead and keep in the fridge, this rice is a time saver. I don’t cook in the pouch though, I just throw the rice in with the vegetable and protein, and it heats up in no time.
As I’ve said in previous posts, I only use House of Tsang Oyster Sauce. In my opinion, it has the best flavor, and really takes center stage in this recipe. If you can’t find locally, check on Amazon, I’m sure someone carries it there. It’s well worth it, trust me, I’ve tried every brand out there.
I’ve used chicken, pork, lean beef or you can even use shrimp if you like. It’s super easy to make. You just have to remember to use a wok pan, and keep your light on high. I have a pretty high BTU gas range, so it gets pretty hot, but on your basic range, make sure your on high. You want to brown your protein, to really give your dish good flavor. When you add the veggies to the pan to cook, all the delicious browning from the protein will add flavor.
You can throw this together in approx 15 minutes, and you have a really healthy dish for your family, and for leftovers the next day…if there are any left. Your family isn’t going to believe you didn’t order take out for this one!
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¾ lb Pork Tenderloin, trimmed of any muscle and fat and cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 stalks celery hearts, sliced
- 10 small mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips then cut in half
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Dry Sherry
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Brown Sugar
- 1 small Garlic Clove or 1 Cube Frozen Garlic
- 1 tsp Ginger, minced or 1 Cube Frozen Ginger
- ½ can bean sprouts
- 1 pkg Uncle Bens Prepared Brown Rice or 2 cups Cooked Brown Rice
- Place wok pan on high heat and add olive oil until heated.
- Add protein of your choice (in this case, pork), and saute on high until pieces are slightly browned. Remove from pan, and set aside.
- Add another tablespoon of oil and add carrots, celery, mushrooms, bell pepper and onion. Saute on high until vegetables are tender and starting to brown (do not overcook; vegetables should still be slightly crunchy).
- While vegetables are cooking, add five ingredients for sauce together in a separate bowl. Set aside.
- Just before the vegetables are done, put a hole in the center of pan, and add the garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant. Mix in with vegetables.
- Add the pork back to the vegetable mixture, and add bean sprouts and rice. Add sauce mixture and stir thoroughly. Cook until heated through.