I was watching Barefoot Contessa today and noticed she was making Blueberry Muffins. Well, that’s all I needed. Now I had to make them! Luckily, I had everything I needed to make them. I did vary the recipe a little by adding some wild blueberries to the regular blueberries called for in the recipe, and dunked some of the tops into melted butter and then into some cinnamon sugar.
These muffins came out so moist and delicious! I ate some quite warm and had to use a fork. It doesn’t matter what you eat them with, they came out unbelievable!
Thanks Ina, for another great recipe!
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 8 ounces (about 1 cup) sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 half-pints fresh blueberries, picked through for stems (frozen can also be used)
- Optional topping:
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place 16 paper liners in muffin pans.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. With the mixer on low speed, add the eggs 1 at a time, then add the vanilla, sour cream, and milk. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. With the mixer on low speed add the flour mixture to the batter and beat until just mixed. Fold in the blueberries with a spatula and be sure the batter is completely mixed.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pans, filling each cup just over the top, and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the muffins are lightly browned on top and a cake tester comes out clean.
I also added 1/2 to 1 cup frozen wild blueberries because I like the fullness and taste of the bigger blueberries, but also the taste of the wild blueberries. The choice is yours to use either or both.