I wanted a filling for my Super Bowl cupcakes, and didn’t want something as heavy as frosting. I thought this I had made once as a dessert, and thought it would work wonderfully inside the cupcake. This mousse is so delicious, you could eat the entire bowl before they get in the cupcakes!Print
This is a light and airy dessert is rich with the flavors of cocoa and coffee.
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 c. cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp butter (do not substitute with margarine)
- 2 tsp. powdered instant coffee or espresso powder
- 2 tsp hot water
- 2 c. cold whipping cream
- Melt 2 tsp instant coffee or espresso powder in the 2 tsp hot water until melted.
- Combine sweetened condensed milk, cocoa, butter and coffee in a medium size saucepan. Cook on low heat until mixture is smooth and butter is melted. Remove from heat and cool fully.
- Beat whipped cream with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in chocolate mixer in to whipped cream, until fully incorporated. Refrigerate until set approx 2 hours.