I’ve made a similar salad to this Italian Spaghetti Salad, only with Fettuchini noodles, and it was always a hit. I haven’t made it in sometime, but this one is equally delicious. Let’s face it, anything with noodles or macaroni, tart salad dressing, cheese and veggies has got to be good, right?
This dish is super economical, can be made with virtually any veggies you have in your fridge, and is super delicious. The more it sits, the better it is, in my opinion.
It is perfect to take to a pot luck or picnic. If you think its going to sit out for any length of time, and you worry about the mayo in it, just eliminate it. It’s delicious either way.
You can also make this with wheat pasta.
Any way you make it, this salad’s a sure winner!
- 12 ounces cooked spaghetti
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 - 15 oz. can whole black olives
- 1 cucumber, sliced & halved
- 2 c. blanched broccoli florets (I cooked in microwave 2 minutes)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Creamy Italian Dressing:
- ½ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 envelope Good Seasons Italian Salad Dressing
- 1 tsp. dried Oregano
- 1 tsp. dried Parsley
- 1 tsp. dried Basil
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ c. mayo
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil (or any other preferred oil)
- In a pot of boiling water, cook spaghetti until just done. Drain (do not rinse), and cool on a tray or sheet pan until cooled. Spaghetti will be sticky, but that only helps the dressing to stick to the spaghetti better.
- With food processor or immersion blender, mix all of the salad dressing ingredients together.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl, and add more cheese if needed. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for about an hour to let flavors meld together.