When I say, this Banana Bread is delicious…I MEAN delicious!!!
Flour Bakery is in nearby Boston, and they have the most delicious treats!
This banana bread recipe literally fills the loaf pan almost to the top. While normal banana breads take an hour to cook, this one takes over an hour to cook all that banana deliciousness! So don’t make when your in a hurry…cause this Banana Bread is not in a hurry! But I assure you, the delicious taste and texture of this Banana Bread is well worth it. The smell in the house if heavenly…you can hardly wait to take it out, let it cool, and dig in! And the bread is so moist and rich in flavor.
Hurray for Flour Bakery! If you’re fortunate enough to live near it…you can go buy this delicious Banana Bread…if not…you’re in luck…here’s the recipe you’ll hold on to for a lifetime!
* I baked in an Emile Henry ceramic loaf pan. At 350 degrees, I found it took a lot longer than the 1 hour recommended cooking time. It could be my oven, it could be the pan, but I continued to cook (about an hour and a half), until a knife came out clean. The loaf tasted super delicious, but may be too brown for some people. I may try cooking at 325 degrees next time, to see if it browns less. Your results may be entirely different on the length of time to cook, and browning process, but the taste and moisture in this loaf will not be effected, certainly if it wasn’t in the hour and a half it took to cook mine. My loaf was still super moist!Print
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3 1/2 bananas, very ripe, mashed
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche or sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- Set oven to 350 degrees F. Line the bottom of a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Beat sugar and eggs with a whisk until light and fluffy, about 10 minutes. Drizzle in oil. Add mashed bananas, creme fraiche, and vanilla. Fold in dry ingredients and nuts. Pour into a lined loaf pan and bake for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.