These Chewy Chocolate Chip & Pecan Bars are the perfect alternative to chocolate chip cookies. These are super easy to make! Perfect to bring to a picnic, potluck, or any party! And at this time of year, you don’t want to spend a ton of time in the kitchen, but still want something delicious to bring to parties!
I like nuts in Chocolate Chip cookies so I added pecans for some crunch and nutty flavor.
Butter is definitely the showstopper in this recipe. There is a stick and a half in this recipe. But that’s what makes them so delicious! Normally, I’m not a fan of raw cookie dough, but this dough smells just like the aroma when you’re making a caramel sauce! Buttery and delicious. You just have to taste it…
- 2 c. plus 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 12 Tbsp butter, melted and cooled
- 1 c. light brown sugar
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c. chocolate chips
- 3/4 c. chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position. Line a 13×9-inch baking pan with parchment and spray with nonstick cooking spray (for easy removal and cutting).
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, salt, and baking soda together; set aside. In the bowl of a mixer, on low speed, blend melted butter and sugars in until just combined. Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla. Blend until combined. Add dry ingredients until just combined. Add chocolate chips and pecans, until blended. Turn out batter into the prepared pan, press into an even layer with your hands.
- Bake until bars are lightly golden brown, 25 minutes. Check doneness by inserting a knife until it comes out clean. Let cool. Remove bars, by lifting the parchment. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into squares.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
The results are amazing! The texture of brownies, and the deliciousness of chocolate chip cookies! They store perfectly (especially at this time of year), which makes them perfect for lunches, snacks for the kids, or dinnertime dessert! This recipe is a keeper!
Adapted from Mels Kitchen Cafe