- 2 c. plus 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 12 Tbsp butter, melted and cooled
- 1 c. light brown sugar
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c. chocolate chips
- 3/4 c. chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position. Line a 13×9-inch baking pan with parchment and spray with nonstick cooking spray (for easy removal and cutting).
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, salt, and baking soda together; set aside. In the bowl of a mixer, on low speed, blend melted butter and sugars in until just combined. Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla. Blend until combined. Add dry ingredients until just combined. Add chocolate chips and pecans, until blended. Turn out batter into the prepared pan, press into an even layer with your hands.
- Bake until bars are lightly golden brown, 25 minutes. Check doneness by inserting a knife until it comes out clean. Let cool. Remove bars, by lifting the parchment. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into squares.