If you’re a chocoholic, these treats are perfect for you! They have a chocolate crust, chocolate cheesecake filling, and a chocolate ganache topping. Add a glass of milk…heavenly!Print
I wanted to make mini chocolate cheesecakes and saw this great recipe from Martha Stewart. These are perfect for your favorite Valentine.
- 1/2 (9 oz) pkg chocolate wafer cookies
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 2 bars (8 oz. each) cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 4 oz. semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1/4 c. heavy cream
- 1 oz. semisweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Assemble 12 individual silicone baking cups on a jelly roll pan.
- In a food processor, pulse cookies until finely ground. Add butter, and pulse to moisten. Transfer to prepared cups, and press crumbs firmly and evenly into the bottom. Bake 10 minutes, and set aside.
- Wipe out bowl and blade of food processor. Add cream cheese, sugar, and salt; blend until smooth. With motor running, add eggs, then sour cream, and finally chocolate; blend filling until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- Spoon filling onto prepared cups. Fill pan with water until water is halfway up the sides of the cups. Bake for 30 min. or until instant read thermometer reads 150 degrees. Take pan out of oven and let cups stand in hot water for 10 minutes. Transfer to baking rack to cool completely. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- To prepare Chocolate Ganache, heat 1/4 c. cream in small saucepan on med-low heat. Add semisweet chocolate, and cook until thickened. Cool slightly.
- Unmold cheesecakes. Spread ganache in center of cheesecake; let set before serving.
The recipe calls for blending the cheesecake filling with a food processor. After making, I would prefer to mix with an electric mixer. However, it can be done either way.
If you would like to make one large cheesecake just double the ingredients. I halved the original recipe for these mini versions.
Recipe from Martha Stewart