I would like to start by saying “Thank You” to all the brave men and women who died while defending our freedom and liberty while serving in our military.
I thought I’d put a twist on the usual Caprese Salad this Memorial Day, and add some blue to the red and white. I added a few blueberries! It not only looks great and tastes great, but blueberries are super good for you!
This salad is super easy, and super delicious, and very Patriotic!
Next time you want to throw together a great salad in no time at all, this is your go to salad.
I found this great Garlic Balsamic Dressing recipe on Lauren’s Latest blog which I pinned from Pinterest, and it is delicious! Try this, you won’t be disappointed!Print
- Salad Ingredients:
- shredded Romaine or any other salad greens (approx. 6 cups)
- 1 lb. Baby Mozzarella Balls (cut in half if not the tiny ones)
- 1 lb. grape tomatoes, washed and halved
- 12 large basil leaves, chopped
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 4 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 7 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Measure all ingredients for dressing into small jar with tight fitting lid. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Assemble salad greens onto serving platter. Top with baby mozzarella balls in the middle and cherry tomatoes on each side.Roll basil leaves like a cigar, and slice into slices. Sprinkle basil on top of mozzarella and sprinkle with freshly cracked pepper.
- Drizzle with Garlic Balsamic dressing.
- Category: Salad