Saw this lovely pasta dish on from Chef Dennis on Pinterest a while ago, and thought I would finally make it. Being a lover of Marsala “anything”, I knew it would be delicious. I just didn’t think it would be so easy! And what I really like about it, is it is portioned for 2 people. Most recipes aren’t, so if you don’t like the recipe, you have wasted a lot of expensive ingredients. However, I really don’t think you will have that problem, if you like Marsala in buttery rich sauce, tender and sweet Italian sausage.
Chunks of Italian sweet sausage & chicken, in a delicious thick buttery, Marsala sauce or pasta.
- 8 oz (225 gm) chicken tenders
- 1 c. (70 gm) sliced mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 c. (56 gm) roasted red peppers- sliced in strips
- 2 oz (56 gm) sweet Italian sausage, sliced
- 3/4 c. (180 ml) sweet marsala
- 3/4 C. (180 ml) chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp. (30 gm) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp. (15 gm) flour
- 2 Tbsp. (30 gm) grated romano cheese
- 1 Tbsp. (15 gm) fresh chopped basil (for garnish)
- 1/2 lb. (230 gm) linguine or spaghetti
- Cook pasta per instructions on the box at the same time you begin cooking this dish.
- Dredge chicken tenders in flour seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Place floured tenders in a large saute pan with enough olive oil to saute them.
- Cook chicken 3-4 minutes on one side and turn them over.
- Add in the sliced sweet sausage, sliced mushrooms and roasted red peppers, and saute for another 5 minutes turning the chicken after it has been browned on the other side.
- Add all but 2 ounces of Marsala wine wine to pan to deglaze the pan, allow alcohol to cook off for a minute, then add the chicken stock and a pinch of black pepper.
- Reduce heat and continue to cook while sauce is reducing.
- Take the butter and coat it in flour pressing flour into the butter and add to the sauce (this is called a beurre manie) it will thicken the sauce and the butter will impart a rich flavor.
- As the sauce begins to thicken, lower heat to simmer, and add remaining Marsala and grated cheese.
- Serve over pasta, garnish with fresh chopped basil and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Tuscan Italian
This is a great recipe for a weeknight meal. If there’s just two of you, it only takes one half chicken breast, and 1 link sweet sausage. Delicious. Thanks Chef Dennis for another great recipe!