- 3 Tbsp oil
- 2 Green Zucchini, quartered and sliced into good sized chunks
- 2 Yellow Summer Squash, quartered and sliced into good sized chunks
- 1 very large Vidalia onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 (28 oz can) whole tomatoes
- 1–2 tsp sugar
- 6 basil leaves
- salt and pepper
- ¼ tsp oregano, dried
- ½ tsp basil, dried
- 1 tsp parsley, dried
- 1 small can of tomato juice, if needed
- Heat oil In a large skillet, over medium high heat until hot. Add onions and saute until slightly browned.
- Add in zucchini and squash, and mix thoroughly.
- Add canned tomatoes, and herbs and mix together. Add a little sugar.
- Let simmer until squash is soft; 20 min to 30 min.
- Category: Sauce