This flavorful rice pilaf can be made many different ways depending on your taste.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 c. orzo
- 1–2 carrots, finely diced
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 3 c. low sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 Tbsp dried mixed vegetables
- 1 Tbsp celery flakes
- 1–1/2 c. long grain rice
- In a large saucepan, melt butter and saute orzo until lightly browned.
- Add chicken broth, rice, chopped vegetables, dried vegetables, celery flakes and parsley.
- Cook, covered on low until all water is absorbed, and rice is cooked, about 25 minutes.
If you want even more chicken flavor, add an envelope of low sodium chicken bouillon. These envelopes are great. They are granular, so you can sprinkle as much flavor in as you want.