- 6 c. confectioners sugar
- 3/4 c. vegetable shortening
- 3 Tbsp strawberry jelly
- 2 tsp strawberry extract
- drop or two red food coloring
- 4 pouches (4 oz.) unsweetened pre-melted chocolate
- 1–1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- milk, to desired consistency
- With electric mixer, blend 2 cups confectioners sugar with 1/4 cup vegetable shortening.
- Add vanilla, add a little milk to desired consistency.
- *For chocolate, blend confectioners sugar and vegetable shortening, and add 1/2 tsp vanilla, pre-melted unsweetened chocolate and milk to desired consistency.
- * For strawberry, blend confectioners sugar and vegetable shortening, and add strawberry jelly, extract ,red food coloring and milk to desired consistency.
It’s very important not to make the frosting too runny when piping on with a pastry bag and tip.
- Category: Dessert