A cupcake reminiscent of Neapolitan ice cream, both in the batter and the frosting.
- 2 yellow cake mixes
- water, oil and eggs as directed on cake mix package
- 4 envelopes (4 oz.) unsweeteded premelted chocolate
- 2 Tbsp (or so) strawberry jelly
- 1–2 tsp strawberry extract
- few drops red food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepared cupcake pans with cupcake liners.
- With an electric mixer, prepare cake mixes as directed on box.
- Divide batter in to three bowls evenly.
- Add unsweetened chocolate to one bowl and blend thoroughly.
- Add strawberry jelly, extract and food coloring to another bowl, and blend thoroughly.
- Add three different batters to three different pastry bags (I used 16″ size), and tie ends.
- Put all three pouches into another pastry bag (a little larger would be ideal, although my largest was a 16″ one so I had to very carefully make sure they were all in the one bag evenly).
- Cut end off of the bag, enough so the batter will come out willingly, but not too large that it will be too hard to control. Start smaller and try first, you can always make the opening bigger if you need to.
- Squeeze in to the cupcake liners, and fill 2/3 full.
- Bake as directed on the cake mix package.
- Category: Dessert