- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons Espresso Powder
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 c. or so chopped walnuts
- For the Frosting:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp Espresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour an 8 inch square pan.
- In a large saucepan over medium low heat, melt 1/2 cup butter. Remove from heat and stir in sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract. Hand mix in cocoa, flour, salt, and baking powder until just moistened. Add walnuts. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven 25-27 minutes. Allow brownies to cool in pan on wire rack for 2 minutes. Then turn brownies out onto wire rack and allow to cool.
- In a small bowl combine butter, cocoa, vanilla, espresso powder, milk, and confectioners sugar. Frost brownies while they cooled.