- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 to 25 minutes or until berries burst and sauce thickens.
- Store in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 3 days, or freeze in an airtight container for up to 2 months.