- 1–1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2–1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with non-stick foil or parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large zip-top bag, combine the sugar, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
- In a very large bowl, whisk together the egg whites, water and vanilla extract.
- Add the pecans to the bowl and stir them into the egg white mixture with a rubber spatula, making sure they are all moistened.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the pecans from the egg white mixture and drop them into the bag with the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Once all of the pecans are added, seal the bag, and shake it to coat all of the pecans.
- Using a clean slotted spoon, remove the pecans from the bag and place onto the prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring them every 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool to room temperature.
- The pecans can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
- Category: Snacks