- Pie Crust Recipe, or 1 refrigerated pie crust, baked
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- Pinch of salt
- 2 c. whole milk
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 c. chilled heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp whipped cream stabilizer
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- toasted coconut
- Bake your favorite pie crust recipe, and put aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk 3 large egg yolks, 1/2 cup sugar, 3 tablespoons cornstarch, and a pinch of salt in a medium saucepan, off heat, until smooth.
- Gradually whisk in 2 cups whole milk. Whisking constantly, bring to a full boil over medium heat and boil until the custard pulls away from the sides of the saucepan, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in 2 tablespoons unsalted butter and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract. Fold in 3 sliced bananas and let cool slightly.
- Pour filling into prepared pie crust, cover with plastic wrap, and chill until firm, at least 3 hours and up to 1 day.
- Beat 1 cup chilled heavy cream with 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract until firm peaks form; spoon over pie and swirl decoratively.
- Top with toasted coconut.
- Category: Pie