This is truly “Mom’s Apple Pie”! Super cinnamon-y and flaky crust. Just what a home made pie should be!
- 7–8 cups apples (about 7–8 apples)
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 1–1/2 tsp Apple Pie Spice
- 1–1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp flour
- few pieces butter
- Make a two crust pie dough, and put in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F,.
- Core, peel and slice 6-7 large apples a put in a large bowl. Add sugar, apple pie spice, cinnamon and flour.
- Roll out and line the bottom of a pie plate with one of the pieces of dough. Set the other aside.
- Place apples in pie plate, dab with a few pieces of butter, and put second pie crust on the top. Crimp around the edges to seal, cut a few small cuts in the crust to vent, and brush with a little milk or egg. Sprinkle with Sparkling White Sugar.
- Bake for approx 40 min. on bottom shelf of oven.
For a softer, but yet browned crust:
Brush the top crust with a little milk and sprinkle some Sparkling White Sugar on top.
For a harder, but yet browned crust:
Brush the top crust with a little beaten egg and sprinkle some Sparking White Sugar on top.