- 2 c. flour
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 c. real butter, softened (no substitutions!)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 c. white sugar
- 1/4 c. flour
- 2–3 tsp. cinnamon
- 4 c. (about 3 medium) sliced, peeled baking apples
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To prepare crust, mix flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder in a medium bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or two knives until you have pea-sized crumbles. Gently mix in beaten egg.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Gently pat about 2/3 of the crumb mixture onto the bottom of the dish. Set aside.
- To prepare apple filling, combine flour, sugar, and cinnamon. Toss with apples and spread apples out on prepared crust.
- Sprinkle reserved crust mixture over apples evenly and bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- When finished, allow to cool completely.
- Category: Dessert