Fresh pineapple fruit crisp with flavors of the islands.
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, cubed in very small pieces (about 4 cups)
- 2 Tbsp coconut rum or 1 tsp coconut extract
- 1/3 cup quick cooking tapioca
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cut in small pieces
- 1 cup crumbled Pepperidge Farm Tahoe White Chocolate Macadamia cookies
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Combine pineapple and rum or extract; spoon into a 9-inch baking dish. Combine tapioca and sugar. Mix sugar mixture in with pineapple and rum.
- For topping, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture is crumbly. Stir in cookie crumbs and coconut; sprinkle over pineapple mixture.
- Bake at 400 ° for 30 minutes or until golden.