- 2 – 9 ounce packages refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 1/2 cups fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed and halved crosswise
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrot (1 medium)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1–1/2 cup milk
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 1/8 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red or green sweet pepper (1 small)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook tortellini according to package directions, adding sugar snap peas and carrot for the last 1 minute of cooking; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a 12-inch skillet melt butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms; cook about 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally. Add the minced garlic 30 seconds before mushrooms are done. You don’t want to brown the garlic, just cook enough to release the garlic aroma. Remove from skillet.
- In a screw-top jar combine broth, flour, oregano, garlic salt, and black pepper. Cover and shake until smooth. Add to the same skillet; add milk and Parmesan cheese. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Add cream cheese; cook and stir until smooth. Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice.
- Stir tortellini mixture, mushrooms, tomatoes, and sweet pepper into cream cheese mixture. Spoon into an ungreased 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Bake, covered, about 30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.