Ground beef in a delicious balanced tomato sauce with peppers, onions and tiny chunks of tomatoes.
- 2 Tbsp vegetable or canola oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1–1/4 lb. ground beef
- 1 – 16 oz. can tomato sauce
- 4 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 of a 15 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 c. ketchup
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp chili powder (or more depending how spicy you like it)
- In a large skillet, cook onion and peppers over medium heat until soft and onions are translucent. Add garlic and cook for approx 1 minute. Add ground beef and cook thoroughly.
- Add tomato sauce, paste, tomatoes, ketchup, brown sugar and chili powder to ground beef mixture. Stir thoroughly. Cook on low heat for approx. 15 minutes. Let cool slightly, and put mixture into rolls, and serve.