These cupcakes have a hint of lemon flavor, but the frosting is power packed with it. Pucker up!
- 1 box white cake mix & ingredients called for on box
- frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 lb. confectioners sugar
- 2–3 Tbsp shortening
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract
- In an electric mixer, put dry cake mix, eggs, oil, and replace half of the water required with lemonade concentrate.
- Add lemon zest.
- Mix according to package directions. Fill cupcake pans to almost full, and bake as directed.
- For frosting:
- Using electric mixer, add confectioners sugar and shortening to mixer bowl; mix until incorporated. Add lemon extract. Then add thawed pink lemonade concentrate to desired consistency. (You may want to start off slow, the frosting can get pretty sour if using too much off the concentrate). You can always adjust by putting more confectioners sugar and water in).