Pasta with home made pasta sauce, peas and cheese.
- 1 lb. Ditalini pasta
- 1 – 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp or so sugar
- Sprinkling of oregano, basil and parsley, dried
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 bag frozen peas
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Parmesan cheese
- Bring water in a large saucepot for pasta to a boil.
- For sauce, heat olive oil in a saucepot or saute pan, and cook 3/4 of the onion until translucent (save the other 1/4 for the pea mixture). Add garlic, and cook approx 1 minute (be careful not to burn garlic). Add crushed tomatoes, seasonings to taste, sugar and salt and pepper. Cook sauce on low light for approx. 20 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, approx 10 minutes. Strain pasta reserving 1 c. pasta water. Put pasta back in to saucepot.
- For peas, in a small skillet, melt 1 Tbsp butter. Add the leftover 1/4 of onion, and cook until translucent. Add peas and cook until bright green and warmed.
- Add sauce and peas to pasta. Add some grated Parmesan cheese. Mix. If sauce is too thick, thin with some of the pasta water.
- Serve in a huge bowl. Add more grated Parmesan cheese as desired.