Delicious not too sweet cookie perfect for giving, and any occasion.
- 1/4 lb. butter, softened
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 c. milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. Fiori Di Sicilia (optional)
- 2–1/4 c. all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- additional milk
- 1 c. sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until light. Add egg, milk, vanilla and Fiori Di Sicilia (if using). Mix until well blended. On low speed, gradually add the flour and the baking powder. Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until blended. This will be a soft dough.
- Roll dough into 1″ balls. Roll balls in a bowl filled with additional milk (about 1/2 c.), then in a bowl filled with sesame seeds. This will help the seeds adhere. Place the cookies on a parchment lined or Silpat lined cookie sheet, spacing them 2 inches apart. Gently press the tops of the cookies to flatten.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove cookie sheet from the oven. Use a metal spatula to transfer cookies from the cookie sheet onto a wire cooling rack. Cool. Store in airtight container.
- Category: Cookies