Traditional bread stuffing, rich with herbs and sauteed veggies, is the perfect accompaniment to chicken or turkey.
- 2 bags Pepperidge Farm Stuffing Bread Cubes
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 4–6 carrots, peeled and cut in to a very small dice (about 2 c.)
- 6 stalks celery , cut in to a very small dice (about 2 c.)
- 2 onions, cut in to a very small dice (about 2 c.)
- 1–2 garlic cloves , minced
- handful of fresh parsley
- 2–3 Tbsp dried celery flakes*
- 2–3 Tbsp dried vegetables*
- Salt and pepper
- sprinkling of Bell’s seasoning (taste to adjust seasoning)
- 4 c. chicken stock
- 10 Tbsp butter, melted
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and 2 Tbsp butter. Add veggies and herbs and cook until tender, about 5 min.
- Add to dried stuffing. Add chicken broth and melted butter; mix well.
- Pour into a buttered casserole dish and bake for approx 45 minutes in the oven you’re cooking your poultry at (or 325 to 350 degrees F).
Amount of veggies and herbs is only a guide in this recipe. I never measure for stuffing, just throw it together, and it always comes out delicious.
* You should be able to find the dried celery flakes and dried vegetables in the spice aisle of your supermarket.
Follow the package directions for amounts of liquids and butter per amount of cubes if making a smaller amount than the entire bag.