These cinnamon scones are REALLY good! Perfect for breakfast, brunch, or anytime!
- 2 c. flour
- 1/2 c. plus 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 8 Tbsp (1 stick) unsalted butter, frozen
- 2/3 c. cinnamon chips
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1–1/2 tsp heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In medium bowl, mix flour, 1/2 c. sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon & salt.
- Grate butter in to flour mixture on large holes of a box grater, or flat grater with large holes. Use your fingers to work in the butter, then stir in the cinnamon chips.
- In a small bowl, whisk sour cream, egg & extract until smooth. Using fork, stir sour cream mixture in to flour mixture, until large clumps form. Use your hands to press dough against bowl (it may not look like the mixture will ever come together, but it will).
- Place on lightly floured surface & pat in to a 8″ circle, about 3/4″ thick.
- Combine topping ingredients and pat cinnamon topping mixture on top of scones. Use sharp knife to cut into 8 wedges. Place on parchment lined cookie sheet & bake for 15-17 minutes. Cool 5 minutes & serve warm or room temperature.