- Canola oil
- 2 lb. haddock, cod, or other white fish, cut in to pieces
- salt & pepper
- 1–1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1–1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1– 12 oz. bottle beer
- 1 tsp hot sauce (optional)
- Pour oil to depth of 3 inches into a large dutch oven; heat to 360 degrees F.
- Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper.
- Whisk together flour, sugar & salt in large bowl. Whisk in beer and hot sauce. Dip fish in batter, allowing excess batter to drip off.
- Gently lower fish into hot oil using fork. Make sure you dip in oil slowly so fish does not go to the bottom.
- Fry fish in batches, 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Place fried fish on wire rack on a jelly roll pan; keep warm in a 200 degree F. oven until ready to serve.
- Category: Main Dish