- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 1/2 c. firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 c. self rising flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 c. mashed ripe banana (about 2 bananas)
- 1/4 c. whole milk vanilla yogurt
- 2 tsp. grated, peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Ginger Cream Cheese Frosting
- Banana Chips for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add brown sugar, beating until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour, baking soda, banana, yogurt, ginger and vanilla. Beat at low speed until blended. Divide batter evenly among cups of prepared pans.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 18-20 minutes. Let cupcakes cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks.
- Spread Ginger Cream Cheese Frosting over cooled cupcakes. Garnish with Banana Chips if desired.