- Coffee Cake:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups apricot preserves (I used Polaner All Fruit with Fiber)
- Crumble Topping (recipe follows)
- Crumble Topping:
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 13×9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with mixer until blended. Add sugar, beating until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating until just combined. Stir in sour cream.
- Spread half of batter in prepared pan. Gently spread preserves over batter. Drop remaining batter by tablespoonfuls over preserves. Sprinkle with crumble topping.
- Bake for 30 minutes to 35 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool for 30 minutes before cutting.
- Making Crumb Topping:
- In a small bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Using a pastry blender cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Stir in almonds.
- Note: Can be made with literally any kind of jam.