Deliciously tasty and moist tropical muffins.
- 2–1/2 c. all purpose flour
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1–1/3 c. unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 (8 oz) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/3 c. canola oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- 1 c. dried tart cherries
- 2/3 c. all purpose flour
- 2/3 c. firmly packed light brown sugar
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 c. chopped pecans
- 1/4 c. Sweetened Flaked Coconut
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 18 muffin cups with paper liners. Spray liners with nonstick cooking spray, set aside.
- For muffins: In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a medium bowl, stir together coconut milk, pineapple, canola oil, eggs and zest. Add coconut milk mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Stir in cherries. Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups.
- For topping: In a small bowl, stir together flour, brown sugar, butter, pecans, coconut, salt and zest until crumbly. Sprinkle topping evenly over batter filled cups.
- Bake until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Category: Breakfast